Thank you again to all who applied for our FY 2020 grant application. Due to time constraints, the selection and distribution of grants were done in 2 rounds, the second of which has been selected.
Round TWO Funding Decisions:
- South Boston Neighborhood House
- Martial Arts
- South Boston Special Kids and Young Adults
- South Boston Collaborative Center
- Condon Community Center
- Excel High School Football Program
- South Boston Leadership Initiative
- Gavin Foundation/Walsh Gym
- Tynan Community Center
- 4th Church/Soul Possibilities
Thank you to all who applied for our FY 2020 grant application. Due to time constraints, the selection and distribution of grants will be done in 2 rounds, the first of which has been selected.
Round ONE funding decisions:
- South Boston Little League
- South Boston Babe Ruth
- South Boston Senior Babe Ruth
- South Boston Sports Collaborative
- Gate of Heaven CYO Girls Program
- Gate of Heaven CYO Boys Program
- South Boston Youth Hockey
- South Boston Girls Softball
- South Boston Lacrosse
- South Boston Pop Warner
- St. Vinnie’s CYO basketball
- Harry McDonough Sailing Program
Round TWO will be decided at a September meeting of the Trustees; stay tuned for more updates soon!
Source: Caught in Southie
South Boston Foundation Trustees Kelley O’Shea, Eddie McGuire, Kathy Lafferty, Jennifer Jackson, William Higgins, Christopher Miller, and Anna Tenaglia are excited to make this announcement and to assist in strengthening our youth athletic programs in South Boston.
The South Boston Foundation is a not-for-profit Trust formed in 2019 to administer a generous $1.5 million commitment from Massachusetts Port Authority, over 10 years, to the South Boston Community youth educational, fitness, wellness and athletic programs in South Boston.
The South Boston Foundation will offer grants to organizations which are legally incorporated as 501©3 not-for-profit charities. Grants will be awarded to organizations that comply with all submission procedures and granted on the basis of available funds. To be eligible to apply, one must be an agency or organization located in South Boston with a focus on youth educational, fitness, wellness or athletic programs in South Boston; And funding for parks and recreation facilities in or benefiting South Boston.
Applications are available beginning July 15th on the website, SouthBostonFoundation.com. Applications must be complete and submitted on or before Friday, July 27, 2019 and decisions will be made public Friday, August 2nd, 2019.